January 24, 2010

Day15 vs Kyokutenho (Hatsu-Basho 2010 Jan)


Grand Sumo Tournament 2010Jan Day 15


Nice ending!
Baruto recorded 12 wins.
Finally 3 losers Hakuho, Baruto,Toyohibiki are next positon of "Yusho" race.
He beated Hakuho and 4 ozekis in this tournament.

But his total wins within 3 tournaments are 33.

I think his promotion to Ozeki status after this tournament will not be decided.

I re-write Ozeki promotion case study.
Let's make it clear through past history to promote ozeki after 2000
(success case)
2000 sep kaio
komusibi8w7l→komusubi14w1l(torphy)→sekiwake11w4l total33w12l
2002jan tochiazuma
sekiwake10w5l→sekiwake12w3l(second)→sekiwake12w3l(second) total34w11l
2002sep asashoryu
sekiwake11w4l→sekiwake11w4l(second)→sekiwake12w3l(second) total 34w11l
2006jan kotooshu
komusubi12w3i(second)→sekiwake13w2l(first)→sekiwake11w4l(second) total36w9l
2006may hakuho
komusubi9w6l→sekiwake13w2l(second)→sekiwake13w2l(first) total35w10l
2007sep kotomistuki
sekiwake10w5l→sekiwake12w3l(second)→sekiwake13w2l(second) total35w10l
2009jan harumafuji
sekiwake10w5l→sekiwake12w3l(second)→sekiwake1w2l(first) total35w10l

second means records second wins
first means records same as tournament winner but defeated at play-off
trophy means wins tournament

(failure case)
2002 mar kotomitsuki maegashira#2 13w2l(trophy)→sekiwake9w6l→sekiwake12w3l total34w11l

Japan Sumo Association does not tell officially in which case filled with to be able to promote to ozeki.

If we learn psat cases,
Ozeki candidate needs
  • over 33 wins including at least tropy once in past 3 tournanaments.
  • or over 34 wins including 2 times upper than second positions in past 3 tournaments.
  • or over 35 wins is enough
  • but in any cases above mentioned,staying at upper than "SANYAKU" is favorable.


Everybody knows Baruto has ability as same as now ozekis.
And it is true,Ozeki promotion condition is very high.
Do you know why?
I think Ozeki shuould be Yokozuna candidate.
Ozeki promotion is considered the step to Yokozuna.

If Baruto records 12 over wins with second postion in the next Haru-Basho March , he must promote to Ozeki.

But I think Ozeki is not final goal for Baruto.
He is the man to promote to Yokozuna some day.

12wins are not enough.
Emperio's cup is needed.

I want Baruto to have strong wish to be Yokozuna.



sekiwake BARUTO ○(UWATEDASINAGE)× KYOKUTENHO maegashira #5
12 wins 3 loses.
Anyway, Thank you ,Baruto!
We can get enrergy from your bouts in this tournament.

-------------------------------------
Upper rankers Result Day15 final day

×E-M7_Tamawashi8-7( yorikiri) W-K_Kakuryu7-8 ○
×E-K_Kotoshogiku6-9 (oshidashi) W-M4_Takekaze6-9 ○
○ E-S_Baruto12-3 (uwatedashinage) W-M5_Kyokutenho8-7×
×E-M4_Kakizoe6-9 (okuritaoshi) W-O_Kaio9-6 ○
○ E-O_Kotooshu9-6 (sukuinage) W-O_Harumafuji10-5×
○ E-Y_Hakuho12-3 (yoritaoshi) W-Y_Asashoryu13-2×

Day 15 Makunouchi Bouts with Engolish commentary long ver.



Thank you for all to read my blog.
I know my English is poor and sometimes makes you confused.
My wish is just I want to share Sumo world and Baruto to people all over the world.

See you next tournament.
Sometimes I update archives if I get new information.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you, Chuchai, for you opinions and videos. I really love you blog and I hope you continue forever :) I´m estonian and my English is not good, too. But it´s not important at all. Baruto and he`s career in Japan has been amazing. He is my HERO.

Meelis said...

Thank you, Chuchai. Don't worry about your English. The more you use it, the more it improves.

I'm sure the Estonian community, along other Baruto fans, appreciates your blog, stream and videos.

In my mind, one condition for becoming an Ozeki, should be a strong will of becoming Yokozuna. I'm not sure Baruto has that will/belief yet.

Anonymous said...

Many thanks from me also, Chuchai.

No need for all of us fans to worry about Kaido (Baruto) though. I think we can be confident. If one looks back on the past years, then the steady improvement is there. Slow, but steady and strong, that's the Estonian way of doing things :)

Thanks again for your reports on this tournament! You are doing a lot to explain the tradition of sumo to Estonian Baruto-fans!

Martin said...

Your English is fine. I am following your page from Ireland and really appreciate your work. You are helping me follow the basho.
And following Baruto as well is a bonus....

ivar said...

Thank you, Chuchai for your big effort to run this blog. I'm sure that all estonian fans appreciate that.

Anonymous said...

Chuchai-san,

Your blog is just great.

What I personally like very much in your comments, are the explanations of the general sumo culture, techniques, meaning of the wrestlers names etc.

Among our Estonian sumo fans, your comments are growing more important with every basho.

I am already looking forward to the next basho with your professional comments.

More power to you!

barbedwire said...

I'd also like to thank you! Your blog is the first thing I open during a basho to get fresh news about sumo and Baruto. I like your dedication and hard work you've put into this blog to deliver those reports to us Baruto fans.

And don't worry abour your English, it is more than fine :)

Blog Archive