September 26, 2010

Day15 vs Kotooshu (Kugatsu-Basho 2010 Sep)

GRAND SUMO TOURNAMENT KUGATSU-BASHO DAY15 (final day="Senshuraku")

Baruto has Ozeki Kotooshu today.
Both are 9-5.
And both ozeki suddenly lost their sumo after day9.
Until day8,Kotooshu was 8-0 and Baruto was 7-1.

Why both ozekis makes slow down after mid day in every basho?
Some Japanese fans think their mentality influences their performances.

I have no idea.
But 10 wins are must for an Ozeki ranker.

Baruto chose pushing start.
I think this was nice.
But lower stability and step works were not excellent when Kotooshu pulled back.
Baruto lost his balance...

Ozwki BARUTO ×(YORIKIRI)○ KOTOOSHU Ozeki

9 wins 6 loses.

What does Baruto need for sharpening his sumo?
  • Lower Stability
  • Step works
  • Weight contorol (I felt this tournament Baruto Over weight than his best)

I mentioned many times.
I know he has left knee injury.
And I know Baruto knows more than me.

He has talent to be a Yokozuna.
I hope Baruto do his best in the next tournament.
We love you ,Baruto!!
===============================================
UPPER RANKERS RESULT DAY15
W-M11_Yoshikaze11-4 (hatakikomi) W-K_Kakuryu9-6 ○

○ E-K_Kisenosato7-8 (oshidashi) W-M4_Aminishiki8-7

W-M6_Asasekiryu9-6 (hatakikomi) W-S_Tochiozan11-4 ○

○ E-S_Aran7-8 (yorikiri) W-O_Kaio8-7

E-O_Baruto9-6 (yorikiri) W-O_Kotooshu10-5 ○
○ E-Y_Hakuho15-0 (yorikiri) E-O_Harumafuji8-7

===============================================
Hakuho Interview

2 comments:

vendorune said...

At least 2 times he lost due to the knee. That could have been 11-4 right there! And yes, slightly less weight would be better.

I think by late tournament time they (ozeki) know that they can't win, so they get more losses too. It is mental as you said.

Good luck Baruto for next tournament!

Anonymous said...

I heard Baruto won the tokyo tournament or something like that. Is it true ?

A french fan